Saturday, March 8, 2008

Shopping at Tutu


Shopping at Tutu, originally uploaded by captainjay.

I decided to try a shopping trip to Tutu mall by myself. Up to this point I've either been with Jay or Jay has done it himself. So I dropped Jay off at work and headed out. I get to Tutu uneventful but find out its not open until 10am and its only 8am. So I venture into the Kmart that is next door. After an hour and a half of shopping and a very full buggy the power goes off. Every one is standing around in the dark wondering what to do. After a little while the staff come around with flash lights and ask everyone to come to the front of the store. Then they inform us that they are having problems with the generator so we need to leave our buggy where it is and vacate the store. Great!! By this time the mall is open so I decided to walk around and check it out, all the time hoping that Kmart would get power restored so that I could go back and get the stuff that I worked for an hour and a half gathering. But no luck. So now I have to go to the other Kmart which is smaller and hope that I can at least get part of the stuff that I need. Fun, fun!

PART II

So I decided to drive by Kmart one more time before taking off to find the other Kmart and they were back open. Yea. Maybe this will work out after all. Well I was hoping the find the buggy where they told us to leave them, but of course they had returned all the items so I had to start over. I decided to only get about half the stuff I had originally had, just the necessities so that I could get out of there and salvage part of the day. I get to the checkout and it is CRAZY! Long, slow moving lines. It took 30 minutes to check out then another 15 to get out of the parking lot and another 30 to drive home. It only took 10 minutes to get there at 8:00 in the morning, so taking 30 to get home tells you what the traffic was like. But, that also includes being behind a water truck all the way up the hill going so slow that my speedometer wasn't even registering a speed. Then it starts raining, so there goes sitting by the pool to relax. What a crazy day. Welcome to the islands!

PART III

Much better now. It only rained a few minutes and the sun came back out, which is typical. Had time to chill out on the deck and sit by the pool. Time to pick up Jay from work and have a nice dinner outside on the deck. Should be a nice evening. All's well, that ends well.

Deb

No comments:

Weather