Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Beach Pic


Friday Beach Pic, originally uploaded by captainjay.

Happy Easter weekend! This is a big holiday weekend here in the VI. Most gov offices are closed Thursday thru Monday. UVI is just closed Friday thru Sunday, but still lovin' the three day weekend. A lot of families go camping this weekend so if you're on island you'll probably see tents set up on several beaches. Also, today until 4pm there is no alcohol sales in bars. I think it's the only day of the year they can't sell. There is lots of confusion over this law. It's supposed to be just distilled spirits so beer and wine should be able to be sold. But bar owners don't want to take a chance so they just don't sell anything. Plus I read that the law had actually been repealed so it isn't even a valid law but it's still enforced. Craziness.

Jay is working so I got some shopping done and just hanging at the house today. It's absolutely beautiful out. I probably should be sitting on a beach somewhere but I love the view from our house so I like hanging here with my music and comforts of home. ;-)

Have a happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Weather